[rtl-sdr patch?] lib: retry i2c on failure

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Wed Oct 2 20:26:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 02.10.19 08:25, Fab Stz wrote:
> When doing a setFrequency I usually have this error afterwards and the
> frequency is actually not changed
>
> rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9
> r82xx_write: i2c wr failed=-9 reg=17 len=1
> r82xx_set_freq: failed=-9

This is weird, I haven't seen this issue before. Which USB host
controller are you using, which OS and which version of libusb?

-9 is LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE, which means that the device probably sent a
STALL, which again is very weird given that this issue never occured
before for multiple users in the past.

How often does this problem occur?

Best Regards,
Steve