[rtl-sdr patch?] lib: retry i2c on failure

Fab Stz fabstz-it at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 2 06:25:54 UTC 2019

Hello,

When doing a setFrequency I usually have this error afterwards and the
frequency is actually not changed

rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9
r82xx_write: i2c wr failed=-9 reg=17 len=1
r82xx_set_freq: failed=-9

By searching around I found this commit that makes the trick for me.
https://github.com/keenerd/rtl-sdr/commit/
9ed9ffa37e24f3293fa960cfcd74909ac3e9996c

This will actually really set the frequency and remove the last 2 errors
related to "r82xx". The only error remaining is then

rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9

If you can include that upstream that would be nice.
I created a pull request here : https://github.com/steve-m/librtlsdr/pull/56

Actually the commit is part of a large PR that you may be interested in ?
https://github.com/keenerd/rtl-sdr/pull/8