RTL_SDR "output_block_size (default 16*16384)"

Vasil Velichkov vvvelichkov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:38:26 UTC 2019

Hi Pete,

On 01/06/2019 05.00, P C wrote:
> Unfortunately, had already found that page.?? Maybe I am dense as a box of rocks but I couldn't find what I was looking for there.
> I was hoping for something like,
> The size of the buffer is used while capturing in synchronous mode.?? It is adjustable so that (insert the reason here).?? Make it larger if (insert reason here) but that will cause (insert result here).?? (more explanation......).
>
> Would you know where can find that kind of information?

Sorry, I don't know.

In my opinion smaller buffer sizes would remove latency as the buffer would fill faster and rtlsdr_read_sync would returns sooner but this would add an additional overhead as rtlsdr_read_sync would be called more often, and bigger buffer sizes would add latency but remove the overhead.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vasil