RTLSDR Dongle Getting very hot even with out use.

Bill Gaylord chibill110 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 23:36:11 UTC 2018

I am having this problem with all of my dongles (from multiple sources) and was wondering if it could be some sort of problem with it not getting closed properly,

In all cases the chip that gets hot is the actual SDR not the tuner. But I don’t understand why it is heating up when the dongle is not in use and is just plugged in.

Or is this just some weird problem with the dongles.

Sincerely,
William