Non Graphical Use of gnuradio Tools

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Sun Aug 19 18:47:48 UTC 2018

If there is a better mailing list for the following question, I will gladly take
it there.

	I want to use as much of the gnu radio project as
practical but the graphical way to string various modules
together isn't terribly useful for computer users who happen to
be blind.

	Unix and to a lesser degree, DOS handled input and output
logic elegantly with <, >, | and even tee when one sends output
to multiple files and unix just turned 50 this Summer so it's
doing something right.

	Is there any kind of text-based way to string those python GNU
modules together to cause them to work as they do when
connected using GRC?

	This could very well be a dumb question as I have only
scratched at python a few years ago and what I am talking
about may be similar to a Makefile which is what you use to refer
to a bunch of C modules that might be in a program.

	Anyway, I sure hope there is something else out there
that accomplishes the same job.

	I have played with the Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR and it does
surprisingly well on analog signals so it's time to string some
of those modules together and try some digital decoding.

Thanks for any and all constructive suggestions.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ