USING MINI DIGITAL TV STICK RTL2832U 820T2 & SDR ON GRC

Andres Campos Santana andrescampos45 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:27:31 UTC 2018

Good afternoon everyone.

I write here to see if any of you know that installation errors I may have had to use the r820t2 in gnu radio companion.

I'm trying to make an FM receiver and other analog TV receiver but when running the program does not receive any type of signal and the view errors, I have: devices not supported. I believe that this is some driver to be installed but I don't know where or how.

The steps that I have followed for installation (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) have been:

1. Install gnuradio.
2. Install Xenial Xerius specifications (it is supposed to do I need for my version of Ubuntu).
I3. nstall specifications of gr-osmosdr to enable some features of the chip.

The Stick comes with a CD but i do not know how to install it since, according to the specifications only works for WXP, 2000, Vista, 7 and 8; and it is something that it seems strange to me since I have seen videos where they use this same model of stick to carry out projects in Gnuradio on Ubuntu.

I tried with this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install cmake
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

git clone git://git.osmocom.org/rtl-sdr.git
cd rtl-sdr/
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../ -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
sudo cp ../rtl-sdr.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

Opening /etc/modprobe.d folder
Creating a new file 'blacklist-rtl.conf' and add this one line:
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

rtl_test -t

I tried those commands but I do not know if I need to install something else because GNRC still says: "FATAL: No supported devices found to pick from"...

Please, if any of you know that i need to install It would serve as much help as I am a novice programmer and i need to resolve this problem for my project.

Enviado desde Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>