fl2k RGB buffer format

Abhishek Goyal abgoyal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:58:35 UTC 2018

I am trying to understand the layout of the RGB buffers sent to the fl2k
over USB. From lines 755-820 in libosmo-fl2k.c I can see the RGB buffers
are "serialized" in this order:

g1,r1,b2,g2,b0,g0,r0,b1,b4,g4,r4,b5,r2,b3,g3,r3,r6,b7,g7,r7,g5,r5,b6,g6

(where r0 is the red component of first pixel, b3 is the blue component of
fourth pixel, etc)

What is this layout? Why does the chip expect the pixels to be sent in this
order?