Want to do paid work on Osmocom? sysmocom is hiring

Harald Welte hwelte at sysmocom.de
Tue Oct 31 18:56:00 UTC 2017

Dear Osmocom community,

I would like to point out that at sysmocom, we're currently (again)
hiring [1].  If you happen to have an interest in open source cellular
communications and are fluent in C language development, we would
love to hear from you.

sysmocom probably doesn't need any introduction here, but just in case:
The company was founded by Holger Freyther and Harald Welte, two of the
leading OpenBSC and Osmocom developers from the very early days of the
project.  Today we are responsible for by far the largest number of commits
to the Osmocom GSM/3G infrastructure related git repositories.

Among our current priorities are automatic testing for the GPRS PCU,
generalization of the OsmoMGW media gateway, support for load-based hand-over,
inter-BSC hand-over as well as various improvements on the lower layers
of the GPRS protocol stack.

We're very dedicated to the cause in furthering the capabilities of
open source cellular infrastructure from 2G to 4G.  We believe in
working upstream, no open core or dual licensing.

If you have an interest working with an enthusiastic, strong technical
and dedicated team of Osmocom hackers, please don't hesitate to let me know,
best by e-mail to jobs at sysmocom.de

Thanks,
	Harald

p.s.: I hope this kind of message is not disturbing to anyone.  I think
it is important to the Osmocom project to have more paid people working
on the stack, so it is justified.  The positions we are seeking to fill
will work [almost exclusively] on Osmocom, so it's not a random job ad
but in the very interest of Osmocom, and hence on-topic for this list.

[1] https://www.sysmocom.de/jobs/

--
- Harald Welte <hwelte at sysmocom.de>             http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93