Problem with latest version(s)

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jun 23 20:47:42 UTC 2017

Hi --

I've recently been trying to install the Gnu Radio system on a new
machine using the build-gnuradio script.  The script is failing with an
error in the gr-osmocom build phase, and I've been able to verify this
with a separate attempt to build.

In rtl_source_c.cc, line 224, the build fails with:

error: 'rtlsdr_set_bias_tee' was not declared in this scope
    ret = rtlsdr_set_bias_tee(_dev, bias_tee);

It appears that changes were merged into the tree on about June 11 to
add bias tee support, and that this error results from that change set.

I'm able to get a successful build if I comment out those few lines of
code, but when I try to run an application (e.g., osmocom_fft), upon
exit there is a bunch of traceback output and a lengthy memory map
printed.  I'm no debugging expert, but I can tell that the exact error
and address change on different runs, but always appear to be related to
a memory map or corrupted list.

I don't know if anyone else has seen either the build issue, or the
traceback issue, so thought I should report it here.

FWIW, I'm building on a fresh install of Linux Mint 18.1 using the
latest version of the build-gnuradio script on a Lenovo M900 i7-6700T
system.  I've used the build-gnuradio script on several other systems in
the past without encountering this issue.  If you need any further info,
I'm happy to provide it.

Thanks,

John N8UR