gr-fosphor CL_INVALID_VALUE in clEnqueueFillBuffer call

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:44:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

>> I'm using the latest fosphor from git
>> (7b6b9961bc2d9b84daeb42a5c8f8aeba293d207c) and am seeing two weird (and I
>> believe related) issues. Firstly, I see the following error:
>>
>> [+] Selected device: TITAN X (Pascal)
>> [!] CL Error (-30, /home/user/gr-fosphor/lib/fosphor/cl.c:409): Unable to
>> queue clear of spectrum buffer
>
> That's really weird indeed. Although I've seen it before. Can't
> remember exactly what it was though ...

Actually the reason I'm not seeing it anymore on my setup is because I
don't have any machine with CL/GL sharing working any more ... I
changed laptop since and I can't get CL/GL sharing working with
optirun and recent nvidia drivers ...

One thing I would point out though is that if you have CL/GL sharing
working, you can pretty much comment the entire call to
cl_queue_clear_buffers because the GL side of things will clear the
buffers already and they are the same. The independent clearing of the
CL buffers only matter if they're different.

Cheers,

    Sylvain