rtl_test -t results in failed to open rtlsdr device #0.

pantos at pantokratoren.de pantos at pantokratoren.de
Wed Apr 5 05:30:22 UTC 2017

Hello,

a few days ago I tried to install rtl-sdr on my raspberry pi. I'm using a dvb-t usb stick with Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR chipset. I build the software following the guide in the wiki. I used two additional switches: cmake ../ -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON -DDETACH_KERNEL_DRIVER=ON

After installing the software I created a blacklist in cd /etc/modprobe.d:

blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
blacklist rtl2832
blacklist rtl2830
blacklist rtl2838

After rebooting the device I tried to test rtl-sdr with rtl_test -t and got this result:

Found 1 device(s):
0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
usb_claim_interface error -6
Failed to open rtlsdr device #0.

I don't know how to fix this error. I tried many suggestions found via google but it doesn't work.

Can someone help me to fix this?

Thanks for your help!!

Joachim