[Help] first steps with sdrangelove

Martin Müller mail at mueller-martin.net
Tue Jul 19 22:06:44 UTC 2016

> Hello,
Hi!

> I have installed all the thing and I get the main API:
What do you mean by „get the main API“?

> How to configure in order to see LoRa trafic?
If you mean LoRaWAN (I never looked at it before) I think you should expect the signal to be around 868 MHz if you’re in Europe and 915 MHz in the US [1]. You have to set this frequency in the rotary digit display on the left either by typing, scrolling the mouse wheel while hovering the mouse pointer over a digit by or selecting a digit and using the up or down arrow keys. (Note: You have to enter the frequency in kHz!)
But this first requires sample acquisition to be running which comes to you error message:

> (if I click on aquisition, I get an error message "no sample source configured“)
The error message you get on starting sample acquisition probably means that there was no SDR device found.
What software defined radio device are you using?

> Maybe a quickstart help exists?
I fear there is no more information available than provided on the sparse website :(

Maybe posting relevant output in the console might help.

Regards
Martin