questions about gr-osmosdr

Pavel Demin pavel.demin at uclouvain.be
Fri Sep 18 13:47:25 UTC 2015

Hi Sylvain,

> What do you mean by PTT ?
>
> (I mean I know what PTT means in the context of a walkie talkie, but I
> don't really see how it applies to the red pitaya or gr-osmosdr. Or
> rather I see several different things it could mean .. ).

In case of the Red Pitaya SDR transceiver, it's a command to enable or
disable the transmitter output and eventually to drive a relay that
switches the antenna between the RX path or TX path and/or to control an
external amplifier.

I've seen that some SDR transceivers (Elad FDM-DUO, FLEX, ANAN) have an
output called PTT-Out and graphical user interfaces of some SDR programs
(Quisk, PowerSDR, QtRadio) have a button called PTT or MOX that controls
the PTT output of the SDR transceivers. So, I thought that it's a common
name for this kind of command.

Cheers,

Pavel