questions about gr-osmosdr

Pavel Demin pavel.demin at uclouvain.be
Fri Sep 18 12:46:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the gr-osmosdr blocks for the Red Pitaya SDR transceiver.
They are based on the file block with some pieces borrowed from the
rtl_tcp block.

The new blocks are already working and the code can be found at:

https://github.com/pavel-demin/gr-osmosdr/tree/master/lib/red_pitaya

My notes about the Red Pitaya SDR transceiver can be found at:

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/sdr-transceiver

I have two questions that I can't find an answer to:

  - What would be the best way to implement the push-to-talk (PTT)
command? I don't see any method reserved for this kind of functionality
in gr-osmosdr/lib/sink_impl.h. I can think of putting it to set_if_gain
or set_bb_gain but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

  - Once the PTT problem solved, what would be the best way to submit a
patch with my modifications?

Best regards,

Pavel