SoapyRemote: Turn any SDR into a network peripheral

Josh Blum josh at joshknows.com
Thu Oct 1 23:55:38 UTC 2015

Hey list,

I recently put together SoapyRemote, which is a plugin and server app
for SoapySDR that lets any supported hardware operate as a network
device over a local link: https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyRemote/wiki

GrOsmoSDR users should be able to use the Osmo source and sink blocks to
work transparently with a remote device. Just make sure that GrOsmoSDR
was configured with the support for SoapySDR. I have documented how the
device args should be set to use a remote device:
https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyRemote/wiki#grosmosdr-remote-devices

Extra note: Everything works better with large socket buffers. On linux,
users will want to run the sysctl commands here:
https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyRemote/wiki#remote-window

I had a lot of fun making SoapyRemote, and we have already seen that
working with embedded devices has been a big use case. I hope that
GrOsmoSDR users will find utility with SoapyRemote as well.

Thanks, and happy hacking!
-josh