Another failure of decoding UAT

David Jacobowitz david.jacobowitz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 16:25:57 UTC 2014

This may be dumb because I haven't looked into it, but is it reasonable to
expect to receive a signal?

Are you in the US? There really aren't that many UAT equipped aircraft yet.
The FAA is rebroadcasting ADSB ES responses on UAT as well as providing
weather and other data, but that is all coming from ground stations. If you
need line of sight and you're on the ground yourself you may be out of luck.

- Dave J