python rtlsdr for android ?

william hatch billhatch40 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 01:56:10 UTC 2014

I have been trying to install pyrtlsdr from https://github.com/roger-/pyrtlsdr  using the librtlsdr shared libraries from https://github.com/keesj/android-rtlsdr . So far the python code installed under /mnt/sdcard/sl4a/scripts is unable to find the librtlsdr shared libraries installed in /data/data/local with that location appended to sys.path.

My objective is to access and control the USB SDR tuner directly from my python code without relying on the TCP server. Any help or hints welcome.