E4K tuner blues

Nikos Balkanas nikos.balkanas at eyeonix.com
Fri Jan 17 17:55:05 UTC 2014

I need to manipulate the tuners bandpass behavior. I have exported 2 more
functions from librtlsdr, rtlsdr_set_filter_bw and rtlsdr_get_filter_bw and
change the channel filter. However, when I use them I get libusb error(-22)
**UNKNOWN ERROR**.
I have tried bracketing the call with start/stop i2c repeater and
disable/enable channel to no avail :-(
It errs both when setting filter to 5.5 Mhz (max) and to 2.1 Mhz (min).
What is going on? What other context should I provide for it to work?

TIA,
Nikos