rtlsdr_read_sync failure

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Mon Jan 13 23:11:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 13.01.2014 22:26, Nikos Balkanas wrote:
> I need to get a few traffic data bytes ~ 16 B from my dongle. libusb's
> bulk transfer and therefore rtlsdr_read_sync, will fail with -8 if used
> with less than 1024 B. Can anyone think of another way to read them?
> (async also uses libusb's fill_bulk_transfer :-()

Read more and throw the rest away, what's the issue with that?
But what do you need *16 bytes* for? That's just 62.5µs of
samples...

> I could possibly use rtlsdr_read_array, except that i don't know the
> block and address that I need to use for traffic data :-(

Those functions trigger control transfers and have nothing to do with
the actual I/Q samples at all, so no, you can't use them.

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish, but it seems to me
whatever it is, you are completely off track.

Regards,
Steve