new TV Tuner Chip, the Si2177

Rasz citizenr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 21:50:38 UTC 2013

On 9/20/13, Jay Salsburg <jsalsburg at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> OK, for those who do not grasp the principle of On-chip Demodulation,

other way around

> There is one that demodulates Analog TV alone, one that demodulates Digital
> TV alone, and one that does both.

RF --> black box --> video pixels

while we want

RF --> A/D --> data stream
or fancy
RF --> A/D --> DSP --> data stream

> Ask yourself this question... Why is there
> an A/D converter chip on the current Tuner Dongles?

because we forgot how to do magic

> Would it not be better
> to convert the unadulterated

umm what?

> demodulated

demodulated by what? from what modulation? this is what SDR is about
(flexibility)

> Digital stream directly into a 192k/24bit audio card (or just 48k/16bit)?

why would you want to analog sample digital stream?

> This new capability tells my
> Engineering mind

no

--
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.