rtl-sdr on Nokia n900 phones

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 13 17:43:21 UTC 2013

Yes, Alex: I have no experience with the Beaglebone but I do have a
Beagleboard. The Beaglebone has a GPU but runs the DSP Code in emulation,
whereas the Beagleboard has a Blizzard of Hardware options including a DSP
and 1080P GPU. What someone (like me) should do is create a daughterboard
for the Beagleboard, connecting a Tuner chip's I2C to one of the 3 I2C
controllers on the Beagleboard. Using an inexpensive 192 khz/24 bit (or
better) Audio Interface, the Beagleboard could make quite an intelligent
Radio/Spectrum Analyser/Oscilloscope, with a touch screen and
network/wireless connectivity; or just use the tuner stick's 8 bit A/D;
whatever.