odd results working at 250ksp/s

David Jacobowitz david.jacobowitz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:45:10 UTC 2013

Thank you. You and another forum member have helped me understand the
situation. I am beginning to see the attraction of SDR platforms that
integrate an FPGA immediately after the ADC. You can have wide analog
filtering going to an ADC running fast, and then apply digital filters in
the FPGA before downsampling to a lower rate for consumption by
what-have-you.

I can accomplish the same completely in software; I'll set the sample rate
high, then filter and decimate, probably in a few stages to keep the
filters reasonable. I tried it this evening with some raw IQ recordings I
made this afternoon and it works pretty well -- on a modern PC.

Regards,
Dave J