rtl_sdr and lysdr?

Alan Corey alancorey at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 04:14:50 UTC 2013

I found this program yesterday: https://github.com/gordonjcp/lysdr

It's the GUI part of a minimal HDSDR/SDR# type program but it needs an IQ stream from something.  It seems to be mostly intended for use with Softrocks but I wonder if anyone's been able to feed something like the output from rtl_sdr into it?  It's got some Python and some C, requires Jackaudio.  I was able to build it and run it under OpenBSD 5.2 without much trouble. Only does USB/LSB as written, Googling doesn't find me anything connecting it with any Osmocom stuff.  rtl_tcp through Netcat might work better because it seems to want to control the frequencies.  I've only got a couple of $20 dongles.
-----
Radio Astronomy - the ultimate DX