Problems on CentOS 6.4 (64 bit)

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at kotori.zaitcev.us
Thu Oct 10 20:58:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:47:54 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at shikadi.net> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, CentOS 6.4 uses libusb 0.1.12, released in August
> 2010.  This is over three years old!  A *lot* of bug fixes and
> improvements happen in three years.

Age has nothing to do with it. The libusb 1 existed when RHEL 6 was
composed, but users weren't clamouring for it, so it didn't make the cut.
AFAIK it's missing from EPEL too.

My suggestion would be to grab an old libusb1 RPM and rebuild it.
It should be trivial and the result is installable alongside the
old libusub.
 http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/14/Fedora/source/SRPMS/libusb1-1.0.8-1.fc14.src.rpm

-- Pete