multiple devices in one process?

Rasz citizenr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:35:49 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013, Jay Salsburg <jsalsburg at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> USB 2.0 has a built-in hardware latency. If you are unwilling to go through
> the trouble of special coding, be sure to use the USB Dongles alone on
> their
> own PCI USB Card, this will minimize latency.

As Leif said earlier USB latency/jitter is not a problem. Dongles
sample into internal buffer. You get this buffer over USB, you are
fine as long as it doesnt overflow.

Sync dongle clocks (feed them from one clock source) and there will be
no jitter over time.

--
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.