rtl_tcp problem or not?

Favati smile_k at libero.it
Sun May 12 15:41:35 UTC 2013

> Hi Favati,
>
> I knew what your videos would should before even watching them, because
> I have the exact same problem here when using SDR# to connect via
> rtl_tcp to a Raspberry Pi.
>
> Recent improvements to rtl_tcp have helped a lot with re-starting but
> this a new problem, as I'm accustomed to running the tcp connection for
> hours without such failures.   I'm fairly certain the problem is on the
> sending (i.e. R-Pi) end, but haven't got data to prove this theory.
> However, since you can see in the video that SDR# continues to run,
> producing both audio and spectrum and waterfall displays, I think this
> shows that it is processing the IQ data which it is receiving (which is
> no longer correct).
>
> Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming, as this is a pretty big problem for
> remote users.   I'll certainly be happy to provide any data or help with
> evaluation.
>
> 73, Bob W9RAN

So...there are 2 possible problem (my english is not good at all!)

-the raspberry (maybe something relating to the tcp/ip)

or

-rtl_tcp bug

Or i've not understood you?

I'm investigating a lot...

I don't think it's a raspberry problem... when the problem occour (only
in that moment!!), i can stress the raspberry with file transfer...the
files are transfered ok.

I think it's a problem of rtl_tcp...

What kind of tests do you suggest now?

I've never seen that problem elsewhere (can you point me to other having
this issue???????).