rtlsdr-based spectrum analyzer on a Beaglebone

Alexandru Csete oz9aec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:28:04 UTC 2013

Greetings,

It is my pleasure to share with you a small, fun project I made few
weeks ago: an rtlsdr-based spectrum analyzer running on a Beaglebone
with an LCD3 touch screen.
Video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmFXreuFR4
Howto guide: http://www.oz9aec.net/index.php/beaglebone/480-rtlizer

I also took the opportunity to start collecting bitbake recipes to
create sdr oriented linux images for embedded devices. It is available
here: https://github.com/csete/nanosdr
I don't intend to create full blown PC-like desktops, instead I want
to have fast, minimalistic linux images that can run a single GUI app
without any display or window management. Think of it as a radio or an
instrument that happens to run linux :)

Alex