OpenBSD: crashing

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Aug 18 15:49:44 UTC 2013

keenerd wrote:
> I think I've fixed all the problems with rtl_fm.  It does not use
> the async helper functions any more.  For my purposes async mode
> is broken.  No clue what happened, but when you re-turn it freezes
> up on rtlsdr_demod_read_reg(dev, 0x0a, 0x01, 1); line 476 of librtlsdr.c.

The OpenBSD kernel doesn't currently offer any async API that libusb
can use, so libusb has to emulate the async behavior as best it can,
and it is by no means perfect.

If you have a chance, I would very much like to work with you today,
tomorrow and/or on Tuesday in order to look more closely into this.
I have some ideas if you are up for it? After Tuesday I have no
chance for a few weeks or so.

//Peter