Filtering in baseband spectrum

Leif Asbrink leif at sm5bsz.com
Thu Aug 8 22:16:57 UTC 2013

He Neela,

I think the most efficienmt solution is to first shift the frequency.
The average of -300 and -150 kHz is -225 kHz so you need to multiply
the samples by the appropriater sine and cosine functions.

After that your signal will be centered at 0Hz and it will extend
to +/- 75 kHz. Now you can apply low pass filters with a bandwidth of
75 kHz. Probably it would be clever to resample in the same procedure.

For 150 kHz bandwidth you would not need much above 150 kHz sampling
rate. The rtl should run at the highest possible rate because the
dynamic range improves when sampling is faster.

Regards

Leif