Licensing issues

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:34:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Scott Cutler <scott at scottcutler.net> wrote:
> Do you have suggestions, then, as to the approach I should take?  I plan on
> using a GPL-compatible license eventually, but the code isn't ready for that
> yet, and I'd like to head off any licensing issues in advance.  What about
> interfacing only with ExtIO?  So far, I have avoided that option because
> I've only had access to rtlsdr devices.

ExtIO would be acceptable if you don't distribute it bundled with it.

rtl_tcp is the completely isolated way.

Cheers,

    Sylvain

PS: Of course this does not constitute legal advice and only represent
my personal opinion and I don't represent all the copyright owners ...
(I mean how could I ? Realtek owns some of the code in there AFAIK
...)