"Best" sampling rate?

James Peroulas james at peroulas.com
Tue Sep 4 23:22:49 UTC 2012

I was wondering if certain sampling rates were better than others for
the RTL2832 dongles? I'm finding that if the sampling rate is below
1.1MSPS, I get few samples being dropped (but they still get dropped).
Above this rate, randomly, I get a multiple of 94 samples being
dropped.

Are there certain sampling frequencies that are sweet-spots for the
RTL2832 that produce very stable performance? Perhaps frequencies that
are a fraction of DVB sampling frequencies?

JP

--
Integrity is a binary state - either you have it or you don’t. - John Doerr