Beginner question about rtlsdr

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 22 00:50:40 UTC 2012

Hello

May I suggested a few things not related to the "Programming" issues but
related to the Radio Astronomy subject? Just like retail, about "Location,
Location, Location," Radio Astronomy's is about the "Antenna, Antenna,
Antenna." One thing the TV Dongle offers for Radio Astronomers is the ease
of placing the receiver (Dongle) on the Antenna. The USB must be extended
from the Computer to the Antenna, instead of bringing the Signal from the
Antenna to the Dongle. The advantage is lower noise and higher gain (without
noise). There are many references on the Internet for extending USB, some
for purchase, some DIY.

Extending the USB is not limited to Radio Astronomy...