rtl_fm problem with capture audio

KD9GN kd9gn at lolling.org
Thu Nov 15 06:01:21 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 05:13 AM, Adam Nielsen wrote:
>> Correct on the offset.  -E is something else entirely though.
>
> Very interesting!  Thanks for the explanation.
>
> I had been wondering whether it was related to the new librtlsdr code
> which appears to use a non-zero IF with the E4000 to avoid the centre
> spike, so it's good to know what it's really for.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam.

I am not sure if this helps anyone at all but I was playing around with
the command line options available with rtl_fm while trying to listen to
my favorite local FM Broadcast radio station and had pretty good audio
results with this ....

rtl_fm -f 88.9e6 -N -s 170e3 -o 4 -A -r 32e3 -l 0 - | play -t raw -r 32k
-e signed-integer -b 16 -c 1 -V1 -

as you probably already know, when you run rtl_fm without any options
you get a list of all of the command line switches as well as some
example commands.

I couldn't tell much difference between using the -A option or not using it.

By the way, I am using an eZcap 668 (E4000/rtl2832u)

Hope this helps.
73 - Dave
KD9GN