rtl_fm problem with capture audio

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:19:44 UTC 2012

> Vitaliy Kulchevych coolchevy at gmail.com
> Wed Nov 14 19:01:02 CET 2012
>
> I want grab audio from my sdr-device and convert it to h264.
>
> I use rtl_fm, check any options, but I can't listen any good sound :(
>
> For example: rtl_fm -f 10000000 -s 44100  - | mplayer - -quiet
> -rawaudio rate=8000:bitrate=44100 -demuxer rawaudio

My apologies for breaking threading on this message - just signed up
to the ML today.

I can't help you without a lot more information. Is this a narrow band
or a wide band FM signal?  Do you want to save the audio to a file or
a network stream?  What operating system are you using?  Why are you
trying to compress an audio stream with a video codec?

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com