OsmoSDR developer beta

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:13:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> There are something like 16 units of OsmoSDR that we are able to sell in
> something like one week.   Sale will happen via the
> https://shop.sysmocom.de/ webshop.

Great news!

Do I recall correctly that it supports 10MHz to 1.4GHz frequency with
up to 4MHz bandwidth with 14 bits resolution and does not provide any
Rx filtering?

Regarding decimation support in FPGA - as a quick way I recommend to
look at borrowing code from Ettus' UHD FPGA. It's GPLv3 and is well
modular. So you could be able to take only decimation from it. Other
blocks like I/Q balance. DC offset removal, VCO are available as well.
This could be an easy way to start. Let me know if someone wants to go
this way and need some intro into the UHD code structure.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru