OsmoSDR sensitivity

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Tue Mar 6 18:26:08 UTC 2012

Hello Christian,

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:49:02 +0100, "Christian Daniel -- maintech GmbH" <cd at maintech.de> wrote:

> The RX is not a sensitivity-wonder. Perhaps a preamp?

According to the Funcube Technical FAQ:

 Each unit is tested for 0.15uV for 12dB SINAD NBFM at 145MHz and 435MHz

I am not 100% sure how to compare this number with your results but
this seems to be (much) better (if my quick calculation wasn't totally
wrong).

Also from my very short and quick experience with a DVB-T Stick based
on an E4000 and RTL2832U, the sensitivity is quite good (I only tried
DAB/FM/DVB-T so far with a very bad antenna inside a building).

BTW, according to a newsgroup post this device also offers some sort
of raw mode with around 2 MHz sample rate for 8-bit I/Q values. Not
that bad for USD 20 including shipping ;-)

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de