Caputed RTL-SDR file for playing around?

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Fri Jun 22 12:54:04 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I've stumbled upon the rtl-sdr and am quite excited. Have already
ordered a dongle, but it is going to take a while until it arrives.

Since I'd like to play around with it already, is there a capture file
available somewhere for download to test out the functionality (working
with GnuRadio etc)? I.e. someone with a dongle doing

./rtl_sdr /tmp/capture.bin -s 1.8e6 -f 392e6

(or whatever frequency there is something audible on, preferrably
something that can easily be identified like FM radio) and publishing
the capture.bin file?

This might also be of interest to people who consider to play around
with SDR, but do not know if they should buy a dongle.

Would be very cool if there was something available or somebody on the
list could provide one.

Best regards,
Joe