stroboscopic (aka equivalent time sampling) using EZCAP DVB dongle ?

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 7 02:08:46 UTC 2012

Can I say I am impressed with what you are doing friedtj. One thing I have
wanted to do with these new Dongles with the e4000 tuners is bypass the
RTL2832 chip and piggyback a better ADC on the e4000 tuners output. Since
there is so much activity in the "Group" of squeezing the maximum
performance from the Dongle Tuners, it may be time to add better hardware.
Just to test to see if this is a good route to take, it should be possible
to connect a decent PC audio card to the output of the e4000 tuner to see if
it suffers any degradation, the AGC debacle can also be checked with this
method. If no problems arise then addition of a dual input, 14 bit, 100
Mega-sample, ADC would be the next step to take full advantage of the
bandwidth and dynamic range of the tuner that the RTL2832 chip is obviously
and purposefully limiting; forget the RTL2832 chip. Will someone publish the
e4000 tuner's datasheet and stop all the IP BS.