New User - Setup Problem - osmo/rtl-sdr and grc - Mac OSX

Ken FitzGerald-Smith kfs at logicatrium.com
Sun Dec 2 17:04:53 UTC 2012

> This put everything in the correct place, but still a no-go.  Python chokes on the line in top_block.py that says "import osmosdr".  Module not found.
>
> I tried PYTHONPATH again to see if I could give python a hint, but no go.
>
> Just seems that python needs to be able to find the osmosdr module.

Kevin, presuming you have an otherwise clean build now of everything, and that it is all located in /opt/local then without me explaining why yet, try the following:

PYTHONPATH=/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages \
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/opt/local/lib \
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks gnuradio-companion /Users/mcquiggi/Desktop/top_block.py

I just appended your original python file to the end but you can just decide to launch the app by itself if you wish

If it doesn't work, you could check and see what exists at those locations before reporting back.

ls -lA /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
ls -lA /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/opt/local/lib
ls -lA /opt/local/Library/Frameworks

I am bit rushed just now but I can explain my research & solution later.

Ken