The real problem with this thing

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Wed Aug 15 02:20:23 UTC 2012

heh ... well it may be a waste, but it was an honest waste: it was the
cheapest PC-USB FM radio offered on an ebay auction ($14 shipping included)
and I'd already tried several USB-cable FM radios that turned out to be
completely useless for various reasons, and even wal-mart can't sell a
decent FM radio these days for even twice that price, so it seemed like a
reasonable gamble, and as it is, I've now (a) discovered the whole SDR
phenomenon and (b) learned that I might someday get FM, CB, police and
weather all from this one device that as it turns out, I didn't really need
because pulseaudio can do what I originally needed.

so I'm not complaining, I'm just looking in on wide-eyed naivity bewildered
by the great vistas that now open before me :)

and now you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to google HDSDR :)

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*