Bug hunting

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Aug 7 13:54:23 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Another "bug" I discovered is that if you just do a device scan to print
> available device and exit the python script, it will generate plenty of
> error messages like "libusb:warning [cancel_bulk_transfer] unrecognised
> discard errno 9", the workaround is to simply wait a bit before exiting.
> It seems that some USB packets are still pending after calling
> osmosdr.source_c().

I'm interested in this since I'm the libusb maintainer.

Error 9 means that ioctl() returns "Invalid file descriptor" - so the
fd that came from open():ing the device has since become invalid. I
would appreciate if you can provide a short (python) program to
reproduce this error, or perhaps you can provide a debug log,
according to the http://libusb.org/wiki/debug page. It shouldn't
happen.

Thanks

//Peter