No subject

Mon Mar 14 05:05:38 UTC 2016

RLC/MAC layer in real networks is always used in acknowledged/reliable
mode, and LLC is always only used in unreliable (UI) mode.  The reason
for this is that TCP cannot deal with the enormous packet loss that GPRS
or similar radio links pose.  If TCP would be exposed to the real packet
loss, it would stall way too much.

So my rationale was to use the same while creating osmo-sgsn.  We use
LLC in UI mode.

Or are we talking about something completely else?