[osmocom-event-orga] rework nano3g rj45

Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Sat Jan 4 04:44:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

i've been in the raumfahrtagentur this evening to look into
broken nano3g.
I replaced 5x rj45 jacks. However I only recovered 3 out of 5 nano3gs.

broken #110: seems not to boot up into bootloader. Usually the red power
light should turn green within 5 seconds, but didn't. I look into it via
serial 3.3v, but couldn't receive anything. I would guess either there
is a voltage problem or a flash problem (is it a nand?).

broken #114: the ethernet blinks, sometimes a network link comes up. But
it seems to boots up. I don't have an idea what to do with this one. I
would like to add a serial to look into it further.

Next time I'll check if at least the green power light will come up
before replacing the rj45 jack.

I've documented the reworks in the wiki
https://code.fe80.eu/congressgsm/eventgsm/-/wikis/Inventory

Best,
lynxis

PS: there is only one spare rj45 jack left.
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604