[osmocom-event-orga] BnetzA regional and local networks

Arne Zachlod arne at nerdkeller.org
Thu Oct 31 11:08:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

the BnetzA just published the scale of charges for local networks
operation in 3.7 to 3.8 GHz [1]. While not immediately interesting for
us, this could be a cheap enough method to have our own LTE frequencies
(bands 42 and 43 if I'm not missing something).

The formula for Leipzig Messe (800 by 500 meters) would look like this
(for a 10 Year lease of 20 MHz):

Pay = 1000 + 20 * 10 * 5 (6 * (800 * 500)/1000^2)
Pay = 3400 (totally possibile I did an oopsie here)

Maybe this can spark a discussion and a more solid plan to roll out LTE
in the future.

bye
Arne

[1]