[osmocom-event-orga] SMS

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 24 16:26:16 UTC 2019

Keith wrote:
> 2) At previous congress, i remember there was a possibility to dial
> directly to any eventphone extension from the PSTN, I assume that
> eventphone/poc had a large block of PSTN numbers routed, where the last
> four digits was belonging to POC. I'm not sure this still exists?

It does.

> I know there is outgoing to PSTN possibility, but that's not related.

It's the same trunk.

> The question is, if this incoming block still exists, is there any
> chance it supports SMS?

Good question. I'm not sure who would know. At some point of course
it does, but I don't know if SMS would arrive at POC.

> Each extension registered with POC via the GURU3 is available as
> sip:XXXX at voip.eventphone.de. correct?

AFAIK that's not correct, I think only the extensions explicitly
registered as SIP extensions are available via SIP.

> would the SIP UAs support MESSAGE?

Some do, many (hardphones in particular) don't.

> So here's an idea:

I'd like to suggest starting with something a bit simpler. It's
relatively easy to create an XMPP message bridge. I'd try to do
that instead.

//Peter