[osmocom-event-orga] 850 mhz, 2600 mhz, no 1800

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Dec 12 21:00:31 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 09:48:17AM +0000, Keith Whyte wrote:

> >>I think for many participants, using the GSM with old phones is the modus
> operandi.
>

> >How many of those old 2G device will support 850 though ?
> >

> This is what i was also thinking, in my experience, popular 'tri band' phones have the two upper bands (1900 and 1800) + either 850 or 900 depending on region.

There you can see how much I (don't) know about spectrum.
Hrgn, can't we somehow have a way to still get an 1800 band running?

> So from the group;
> old phones,
> europe
> 850 band,
>
> i think we can choose two. :-(

I don't grok why that is, but if I can choose old phones and europe that would be fine.
But you are saying, since we have 850 band, there is only one more choice left after that?
I don't know really, I just know I would be a bit ruffled about not servicing old phones.

~N