[osmocom-event-orga] update from POC

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:16:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

> But my general feeling with all SDR solutions is "too flaky to be fun", so I
> won't push in that direction.

Well, not all SDR solutions are that bad for running a GSM network.
I am talking exactly about LimeSDR: either we are missing something
in OsmoTRX (some dead bug in the lms implementation), or the firmware
provided by Lime is not stable enough itself.

Other devices, such as USRP (I personally prefer them) are working
quite good, and widely used in some production networks.

Anyway, the situation with freq. bands remains unknown.
Let's hope we get more than one band in 850...

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.