[osmocom-event-orga] plan more meetings

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Nov 20 00:13:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 04:16:30PM +0000, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Brief update: The server is unfortunately stuck under lots of other
> stuff; the warehouse crew is working on digging it out. The ticket is
> not lost.

Brief update from the ansible side: I am working on the 34c3 ansible setup on a
neels/wip branch in lynxis' git at code.fe80.eu:congressgsm/34c3.git

Changing it to use osmo-dev's top-level makefile and config templates.

Also adjusting to use the systemd *.service files that are now part of the
osmocom git repositories, installed at 'make install' time. Since they assume
binaries in /usr/bin, I am also installing with --prefix=/usr now, not under
/srv/34c3/. For the same reason I want to place the config files in
/etc/osmocom/, possibly by a symlink to /srv/34c3.

One gotcha is, osmo-mgw installs osmo-mgw.service, and I think we'd rather like
to have osmo-mgw-for-bsc.service and osmo-mgw-for-msc.service, i.e. two of
them. So I think I'll add to the ansible some cp and sed to make two separate
services from the installed osmo-mgw.service file. I mean, it would work fine
with just one osmo-mgw for both BSC and MSC, but if we want to untangle an RTP
stream from the logging, having a separate instance helps tremendously.

Ah, yeah, and we might want to rename 34c3 in there to 35c3, or maybe rather
call it neutral 'event' or 'gsm' or 'c3', so we don't have to rename for every
event.

The ansible so far works pretty nicely in an lxc.

But so far all is root, installed as root, run as root. My goal is to have a
'gsm' user instead to run the components, out of basic sanity.

Still waiting for that VPN to the POC machine. So far I only got a key and
don't know how to use it :P

~N