[osmocom-event-orga] osmoserv online

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Dec 5 13:06:43 UTC 2018

Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> I started it and installed openssh-server, and now I do have a direct ssh
> login to it from home.
>
> Only thing is the name 'lxcbuster', should maybe rather be 'gsmcore'. But
> that doesn't matter that much, I probably want to wipe and re-create it
> again at some point.

I thought it might just be a first example and that debootstrap
(installed last night) would be used to set up the real container.

Anyway the name is simply the directory name in /var/lib/container
so changing it is easy. (But better power off the container first.)

> Things to do:
>
> - it needs a second IP address because of the GTP stupidity.
>   If we want to operate both 2G and 3G, both SGSN and GGSN need to be publicly
>   reachable *at the same fixed port number* (defined in spec, unchangeable).

I've added 195.160.172.51.

> - the ansible has some stuff in /etc/network/*, I'm not sure whether that
>   even makes sense to have or needs tweaking.

The 195.160. IPs are obviously only valid at CCCB. Maybe it's better
to set them in a file in /srv/35c3/etc/network/interfaces.d/ instead
of /etc/network/interfaces as I did?

> - osmo-hnbgw says
>
> 20181205130759882 DLGLOBAL ERROR unable to create socket: Protocol not supported (socket.c:97)
>
> Any reason why binding an SCTP port wouldn't work?
> Maybe the image is using the host's kernel that has no SCTP support?

Yes, sorry, I forgot about that in the kernel config.

I've added SCTP (the kernel tree is under /root/ - run make then lilo)
and rebooted - it looks good.

# systemctl status
● gsmcore
    State: running