[osmocom-event-orga] 34c3 congress gsm network / AfRA 9.12. 14:00

Frank Rieger frank at ccc.de
Fri Dec 8 16:55:44 UTC 2017

> On 8. Dec 2017, at 09:08, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras <ralph at schmid.xxx> wrote:
>
> Is there a good contact to them? I got my test license revoked when the
> spectrum was sold, but a request to the new owner kept unanswered :( For now
> I am testing on 860 MHz ISM bands, for private use this is quite fine to me,
> but not for public presentations. The UMTS 850 assignment shows that the
> BNetzA appears being open for unusual assignments...

We got the sub-let of the 1800 ARFCNs from Deutsche Telekom. People from their mobile network team will be in Leipzig and also drop by the GSM/UMTS room. I have an ongoing contact with them regarding sub-letting of spectrum, but only for test, development and trials in bands where the BNetzA does not offer any viable options. So for UMTS 850 (and some other bands as well) the BNetzA is the best option.

For other spectrum the Deutsche Telekom has set up a sort of ad-hoc process that we are currently using for congress for the 1800 ARFCNs. There are a number of conditions to that: only one person handling the requests as primary contact, proper identification of the entity etc. for the legal department, sufficient trust-base that technical limitations are diligently observed, proper documentation of the sub-let towards the BNetzA etc. If one person violates the conditions and causes trouble, they will revoke all the sub-lets made available to us. So this is not a process for "I would find it cool to have my own spectrum for the two times a year I boot my BTS"-cases. But for events or spaces with regular ongoing development activities with a stable group of people this is an viable option.

Thanks & Greetings,

Frank Rieger